Salsa Dancing Classes Toronto | Latin Dance Salsa Lessons School
Toronto Best Salsa Dance Lessons – Latin Salsa Dancing Classes
Toronto best salsa dance classes Latin salsa Dancing Lessons school. Toronto’s World Champions Salsa, Bachata Tango dance school, travels around the World, Representing top Salsa dance school in Toronto best dance lessons
Latin Energy Is the ONLY World Latin Dance Cup Champions Salsa Bachata Dance School in Toronto!!
Dance School Toronto’s World Champions Salsa Bachata Kizoma Tango LATIN ENERGY the best Dance School and is proud to be the Dec. 2015 & 2014 World Latin Dance Cup Champions in several divisions!
Our Dance School TITLES at World Latin Dance Cup Competition from 2011 – 2015:
10 GOLD 2 SILVER and 3 BRONZE!!!!
In 2015:Miami World Latin Dance Cup
1rst PLACE!!! ProAm Kizomba – Ray and Sam
1rst PLACE!!! Argentine Tango – Mark and Sam
1rst PLACE!!! Soloist Lady Lyrical – Leah Duque
1rst PLACE!!! Men Duo Shines – Mark And Steve
2nd PLACE!!! Soloist Lady Lyrical – Samantha Oraa
3rd PLACE!!! Salsa Soloist – Samantha Oraa
5th PLACE!!! Salsa On2 Pro – Jenalyn and Raymond
In 2014: Miami World Latin Dance Cup
In 2013: Miami World Latin Dance Cup
In 2011: Miami World Latin Dance Cup
1rst PLACE!!! Junior Salsa Couple – Jenalyn & Raymond
Among other 25 local & national Fist Place Canadian Titles by Jenalyn & Raymond.
Vanesa Stay is the coach and choreographer.
LATIN ENERGY dance school has traveled all over Canada and around the world performing, competing and teaching.
LATIN ENERGY Dance School was founded by Vanesa Stay in March of 2002 in Toronto, Canada.
Vanesa is a Professional Latin Dancer, Yoga & Zumba Instructor, Performer, Choreographer, and a well recognized World Latin Dance Cup Judge.
LATIN ENERGY Dance School is working towards becoming internationally recognized for their unique performance style and their teaching skills. They aim to share with their students the richness of Latin culture and their love for salsa. LATIN ENERGY dancers concentrate on offering their audiences the best in entertainment and proudly represent Canada’s dancing talent wherever they perform.
LATIN ENERGY is a well known Latin Dance School in Toronto / Mississauga / Etobicoke area where she dedicates most of her time teaching. As well she producing many large and popular events such as the World Latin Dance Cup Qualifier Competition & Dance Event hosted in association with Albert Torres Productions which is now the only Toronto “World Latin Dance Cup” Qualifier. She’s also one of the WLDC judges since 2010.
Vanesa is a Professional Latin Dance School, Yoga & Zumba Instructor, Performer, Choreographer, and a well recognized World Latin Dance Cup Judge.
Vanesa Stay has studied Yoga in Rishikesh, India. She is also a professional dancer, performer & choreographer who has been teaching since 2000. Vanesa applies her experience and knowledge of dance postures into her Yoga practice making her Yoga style of teaching very unique and graceful. Vanesa has also studied Yoga philosophy, asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation, anatomy & visualization making her classes easy to follow but still challenging, balanced and energizing.
Certifacte YTT 200 with World Conscious Yoga Family
- Successfully completed a 200 hour Holistic Yoga training at Anand Prakash Ashram in Rishikesh, India with Yogi Vishvaketu.
- Program is Registered Yoga School through the Yoga Alliance
- Studied Asana, pranayama, mantra, visualization & meditation, class sequencing, anatomy, yoga philosophy & teaching methology.
Continued Education – Certificates:
- Yin Yoga (taken at the Toronto Yoga Conference March 2012)
- Restorative Yoga (taken at the Toronto Yoga Conference March 2012)
- Vanesa also has her ZUMBA CERTIFICATION received on Dec. 2013.
You have to learn how to crawl before you walk.
But for Vanesa Stay, she was taught the love of dance as soon as she was about to stand.
When she was merely three years old, her mother asked her what she wanted to be in life. Without skipping a beat, she answered, “a ballerina with feathers.”
Fast-forward three decades and Vanesa is now one of the top-rated professional certified Latin dance, yoga and zumba instructors and choreographers not only in Canada, but the world.
“It’s my passion, my way of life, and what gets me up in the morning,” says Stay. “I love to dance, I love to watch others dance, I love to learn new dances, it’s like the air I breathe. The best feeling is when you share your knowledge with someone else as passionate as you are and they grow to be even better than their teacher.”
In 2002, she founded her own private school, Latin Energy Dance Company in Toronto, and began teaching five students. Over the years, enrollment has boosted to the thousands.
And as a performer and choreographer herself, she is an established World Latin Dance Cup judge since 2010.
Born and raised in Mendoza, Argentina, dancing was in her blood from the very beginning. At age five, she strapped on ballet shoes and began intensive training at Argentina’s private ballet institute where every day over seven years she learned the art of ballet, flamenco, jazz, Argentine folk and tango.
She progressed so quickly, the following year she debuted her talent and grace in local theatres.
After re-locating to Canada, Stay discovered – and fell in love – with the hypnotic energy of salsa in 1999 and began researching dance training.
She sought out different congresses around the world and began private training with renowned instructors and world champions in each genre.
In Argentine tango, she worked with a number of instructors, including Tango World Champion “Fabian Peralta,” Mora Godoy and DNI modern Tango School in Buenos Aires.
On top of that, Stay has in-depth experience with bachata, cha-cha, kizomba and international Latin ballroom dance.
Later in 1999, she began competing in local salsa competitions in Toronto and walked away with first place many times. She’s toured to the South America to dance in the Puerto Rico Salsa Open in 2002 and nabbed title of 2003 Vice World Champion at the World Salsa Federation Championships held in Miami.
Stay’s magnetic and down-to-earth attitude has translated both on and off the dance floor, with an inevitable transition to film and television.
She’s starred in a number of TV shows, commercials, including Take the Lead with Antonio Banderas, Death to Smoochy with Danny DeVito, Univision in L.A., Our Toronto on CBC, DayTime Toronto, Mansions, Party Mamas, Style by Jury, Paso a Paso por el Mundo, and TO Latino. The dance queen has also been featured as a guest star or expert on CBC News and many local radio shows.
Her esteemed reputation has producers of popular dance shows take notice and invite her on board alongside So You Think You Can Dance and Dancing With the Stars judges Jean Marc Genereux and Tre Armstrong.
Stay has taken centre stage during major concerts – El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico, Willie Colon, Jose Albert El Canario, Son De Cali, Gilberto Santa Rosa and more.
But teaching is also a great love for Stay. At her Toronto studio, she devotes her time and resources to help her students, regardless of age.
Some of her younger students – ages five and seven – have gone on to win first prize in the 2012 and 2014 World Latin Dance Cup. Seven students without any previous knowledge of Latin dance have accelerated and succeeded into the World Amateur Champions in just a short time with her coaching and choreographing skills in 2015 alone.
Two other students – Roberto and Daria – took home first place at the World Latin Dance Cup in Miami two years in a row, persevering and recovering past a debilitating neck injury.
Stay’s coaching has led to a medal count of nine golds, two silvers and two bronze in 2014 and 2015 alone.
“I make the classes fun while giving all the tools necessary to become a great dancer,” she says. “If someone comes to me to coach them to compete, my teaching style would be very different than if someone comes to me to learn as a hobby to social dance.”
In 2015, Latin Energy was chosen to represent “Salsa” in the multi-cultural Pan Am Games opening ceremony, which was televised internationally and had a sold-out crowd of over 56,000 spectators.
In order to prepare for the dance, Stay trained with Cirque Du Soleil to nail down choreography for the act, which featured four couples from the Latin Energy school, who performed at the opening ceremony at Rogers Centre on July 10, 2015.
Stay has been a certified zumba instructor since 2013.
To add zen to her work, Stay studied Yoga in Rishikesh, India, in 2012, and also completed a 200-hour training course at registered yoga school Anand Prakash Ashram with Yogi Vishvaketu. She also has a Yin Yoga Certification and a Restorative Yoga Certification.
“Yoga enhances my balance and flexibility,” she says. “It helps me understand better the anatomy of the body to be able to better relate to students and to incorporate more breathing techniques into dancing.”
Vanesa’s life and passion is dancing but she also has a diploma in computer science worked in IT a web developer/programmer/webmaster for 10 years.
LATIN ENERGY is always working towards becoming internationally recognized for their unique performance style and their teaching skills. They aim to share with their students the richness of Latin culture and their love for salsa. LATIN ENERGY dancers concentrate on offering their audiences the best in entertainment and proudly represent Canada’s dancing talent wherever they perform & compete.
Best Salsa Dance Classes In Toronto
Performances, TV Appearances, International Events, etc.
- CURRENT JUDGE at the WORLD LATIN DANCE CUP hosted by Albert Torres Productions every year in Miami – the Biggest Latin Dance Competition in the World. *See Judges Photo HERE
- PAN AM GAMES JULY 2015 – OPENING CEREMONY – Latin Energy was part of
the amazing choreography created by Cirque du Soleil for the Pan Am Opening
Ceremony that took place at the Rogers Centre in front of over 50,000 live
audience and televised live all over the world. *View the CERTIFICATE HERE
- Vanesa’s creative and outstanding choreographies and coaching won her school 9 GOLD MEDALS, 2 SILVER & 2 BRONZE in December 2015 & 2014 WLDC competition!
- Vanesa Stay is the HOST of the WLDC QUALIFIERS in Toronto every year in September.
- Latin Energy Dancers participate every year at the:
* WOLD LATIN DANCE CUP held in Miami every December * LOS ANGELES SALSA CONGRESS held in LA every May
* CANADA SALSA CONGRESS held in Toronto every October * BERMUDA MAMBO NIGHTS held in Bermuda Island every Aug. by www.bermudasalsa.com * CNE International Stage Multicultural Event held in Toronto every Aug.-Sept.
- ZUMBA INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATE – Dec. 2013
- YOGA INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATE – Rishikesh India – Jan. 2012
- Jose Alberto “El Canario” Concert – opening act – June 2009
- TV Show “Daytime Mississauga” – Rogers Television cable 10 & 63 – Salsa Performance – May 2009
- Carassauga Latin American Festival – May 2009
- Winter Salsa Carnival – March 2009
- TV Show “Daytime Mississauga” – Rogers Television cable 10 & 63 – Tango Performance – Feb. 2009
- Twosome Ballroom Event with couples from TV SHOW “Dancing with the Stars” & “So you think you can Dance” – Feb. 2009
- Shoppers Drug Mart Convention – Halifax Nova Scotia – Nov. 2008
- BMO Corporate Gala Dinner – Toronto – Nov. 2008
- TV SHOW “First Local” – Rogers Television Mississauga – Nov. 2008
- Consular Ball Gala Dinner – Toronto – Nov. 2008
- TV SHOW “T.O. Latino” – Rogers Television – Fall 2008
- TV SHOW “Mansions” – HGTV – Fall 2008
- Canada Salsa Congress – Oct. 2008
- Ballroom Event with couples from TV SHOW “So you think you can Dance” – Sept. 2008
- “Son De Cali” salsa concert – Sept. 2008
- Mambo Nights Event – Bermuda – Aug. 2008
- BLACKBERRY BOLD Launch Tour around Canada (Montreal, Toronto, Calgary & BC) – July 2008
- TV Show “Daytime Toronto” – Rogers Television cable 10 & 63 – May 2008
- Ballroom Event with couples from TV SHOW “Dancing with the Stars” (Edyta & Alec) and Pasha & Anya from “So you think you can Dance” – May 2008
- “Luv 2 Dance” Competition– May 2008
- “Sick Kids Hospital” Gala – April 2008
- TV SHOW “Paso a Paso por el Mundo” Televisa (Mexico)
- Willie Colon Concert – opening act – Toronto – Nov. 3, 2007
- Canada Salsa Congress – Oct. 2007
- Makeover TV SHOW “Style by Jury”– W Network – Toronto – Sept. 2007
- TV Commercial – Excellus – Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, Healthy Blue health plan – Sept. 2007
- Gilberto Santa Rosa Concert – opening act – Toronto – Aug. 2007
- Reality TV SHOW “Party Mamas” – Slice TV Toronto – Aug. 2007
- CNE International Stage – Toronto – Aug. 2007
- Bermuda Mambo Nights – Bermuda Island – Aug. 2007
- FEDEX Gala Event – Toronto – July 2006
- EL GRAN COMBO CONCERT – Toronto – April 2006
- Winter Salsa Carnival – Toronto – March 2006
- CIBC Christmas Event – Toronto – Nov. 2005
- Ontario Open Championships – Toronto – Oct. 2005
- Canada Salsa Congress – Toronto – Oct. 2005
- Royal Caribbean Cruise – Bermuda Salsa Fest – Sept. 2005
- “Take the Lead” Dance Film starring Antonio Banderas – Toronto – June 2005
- Fandango – Bridge Point Health – Toronto – May 2005
- Remax Awards Presentation – Toronto – April 2005
- Canada Salsa Congress – Toronto – Oct. 2004
- Hot Summer Nights Event – Bermuda Island – Sept. 2004
- Hot Summer Nights Event – Bermuda Island – May 2004
- Sweden Salsa Congress – May 2004
- Dirty Dancing – Havana Nights Preview – Performance at Famous Players Cinema – Feb. 2004
- World Salsa Federation Championships – Miami – Nov. 2003
- Canada Salsa Congress – Toronto – Oct. 2003
- 7th Annual World Salsa Congress – Puerto Rico – July 2003
- “Fashion Cares” event – Toronto’s biggest fundraiser event in support of AIDS, Metro Toronto Convention Centre – May 2003
- Dancescape TV, A Gala Evening of Dance – March 2003
- 6th Annual World Salsa Congress – Puerto Rico – July 2002
- Salsa Team Canada Fund raisers – Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto – Summer 2002
- Dancescape TV – Strictly Dancing Downtown – Burlington – April 21, 2002
- Salsason / Okokan Arts Productions – Dundas Banquet Place – March 9, 2002
- Kaleidoscope Tango Production – Estonian House – Feb. 23, 2002
- Multicultural Event – Seneca College – Feb. 13, 2002
- BMW Christmas Party – Royal York Hotel – Dec. 2001
- The Ritz Nightclub – performed every other Sat. from Sept. to Dec. 2001
- Miss Canada / Universe Pageant – CNE – Sept. 2001
- Multicultural Event Week – CNE – performed Aug. 17 to Sept. 3 2001
- Palazzo Nightclub – performed every other Friday from March to Nov. 2001
- To Tango Review – Captain John’s Boat / Restaurant – Summer 2001
- Latin Fest – Mel Lastman Square – Summer 2001
- Carassauga Festival – Community Event / Mississauga – May 2001
VANESA STAY OWNER AND FOUNDER OF LATIN ENERGY
VANESA STAY TEACHES ALL DANCES FULL TIME
AND SHE IS THE FOUNDER OF LATIN ENERGY.
Latin Energy #1 Salsa Bachata Kizomba Man-Shines Ladies Soloist. Is the ONLY Toronto’s World Champions Dance School!!
LATIN ENERGY is proud to be the 2015 & 2014 World Latin Dance Cup Champions in serveral divisions! Including First place in Couple Salsa On1, Couple Salsa On2, Team Salsa, Couple Argentine Tango, Couple Pro-Am Kizomba, Duo Men Shines, and Lyrical Soloist Lady and Second Place Bachata Team, Lyrical Soloist Lady and Third Place in Salsa Soloist Lady and Team Bachata Division “in the world”!!! Vanesa Stay is the coach and choreographer.
Albert Torres Productions (ATP) has created and produced the world’s largest Salsa Music events such as the World Latin Dance Cup and the Los Angeles Salsa Congress. Latin Energy is proud to be part of these events every year!
Latin Energy dancers have performed at many private functions and other large events such as the WLDC, CNE International Stage, Bermuda Mambo Nights, Canada Salsa Congress, Multicultural Festival (Michigan), Winter Salsa Carnival; Street Festivals such as “The Burlington Sound of Music” & “Salsa on St. Clair”; other big corporate events such as Sick Kids Foundation Gala, American Express, at the El Gran Combo & GILBERTO SANTA ROSA salsa concerts and much more.
The number of dancers in our team increase slightly every year as we find talent potential in young kids, teenagers and adults. For us, quality of dancing is much more important than quantity.
Latin Energy Dance Company is proud to have a very talented team of dancers. Latin Energy dancers have performed at many private functions and other large events such as CNE International Stage, Bermuda Mambo Nights, Canada Salsa Congress, Multicultural Festival (Michigan), Winter Salsa Carnival; Street Festivals such as “The Burlington Sound of Music” & “Salsa on St. Clair”; other big corporate events such as Sick Kids Foundation Gala, American Express, at the GILBERTO SANTA ROSA salsa concert and much more.
Visit our Dance Team’s page by clicking the “Team” tab below to read about their dance background, see photos and videos clips of rescent performances.
We are always looking for new talent to join our dance team. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us for an audition.
Latin Energy Ladies
Latin Energy Guys
Latin Energy Teens – Jenalyn & Raymond Pacheco
Jenalyn & Raymond are 2 times World Salsa Champions! Winning 1st Place at the World Latin Dance Cup in Miami Dec. 2014, in Las Vegas – Dec. 2011 among other titles such as winning First Place at the at the 2014 World Latin Summit, The Canadian Salsa Championship Oct. 2012 and Toronto’s Biggest Salsa Competition April 2013!
Jenalyn, ( 14 years old) & Raymond (17) are brother & sister and they love to perform & compete! They have been training with Latin Energy since 2005. At their very young age, they have already won FIRST PLACE many dance competitions!
AMATEUR SALSA ON 2, FINAL ROUND, WLDC 2014
2014 DANCE SHOW
TORONTO SALSA COMPETITION – FIRST PLACE! APRIL
WORLD LATIN DANCE CUP CHAMPIONSHIP – FIRST PLACE!
TO BOOK JENALYN & RAYMOND TO PERFORM, PLEASE CONTACT US.